Recipe by Grace Fung
In a mood for a brownie?? Try this flourless version that tastes just as decadent!
Top Review by Bella chef
i am bella chief's daughter and i used this recipe for one one of school tests. i got a nine out of ten. the dish was not too chewy and not too soft. it was really nice. i had to hide some from my friends so that i could take some home. so that my family could try some. they lasted about a day. greta recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 150 g dark chocolate, melted
- 150 g butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 100 g ground almonds
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Spray an 8-inch cake pan with cooking spray; line base with baking paper, extending over two sides.
- In a large bowl, combine cocoa and water; stir until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate, butter, sugar and ground almond.
- Stir in egg yolks, one at a time, until well blended.
- Beat egg whites with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; bake for 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove cake from pan; slice and dust with icing sugar before serving.