Prep 12 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is from Sept/Oct 2004 WW magazine. I have a friend on WW coming for a birthday dinner, so this will be her birthday cake. Each serve is 2 1/2 pts. I am going to replace 1/2 cup sugar with Splenda, and reduce cocoa to 1/4 cup to further reduce the points.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 200 g low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, extra
- 300 ml lukewarm water
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Coat a 20cm square tin with cooking oil spray and line the base with baking paper.
- Sift dry ingredients (flour, first lot of baking powder and cocoa) together and combine with sugar.
- Mix yoghurt, eggs and essence in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine extra baking powder and water before adding to yoghurt mixture.
- Add yoghurt mixture to dry ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cake springs back to touch.
- Turn cake out to cool.