1/1 Photo of Chocolate Mud Brownies
Found this great recipe in BHG magazine. These are so decadent and so rich and so very yummy. This one is for the adults, but you can leave out the alcohol for a more kid-friendly version the recipe is still good without it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 380 g caster sugar
- 160 g plain flour
- 1 large pinch salt
- 2 cups pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 2 cups chopped marshmallows
- 1Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line the base and sides of a shallow 24cm square tin with baking paper. Put the butter and dark chocolate in a medium heavy-based pan and stir over a low heat until the butter is melted.
- 2Crack eggs into a medium mixing bowl, add the caster sugar and beat until the mixture has increased in volume, and is thick and a pale yellow in colour. Add the flour and salt, then the chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Add the pecans and bourbon, and stir to combine.
- 3Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted halfway into the centre comes out clean.
- 4To make icing, put butter, chocolate and milk in a medium heavy-based pan and stir over a low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla, then transfer to an electric mixer. Beat on medium speed while adding icing sugar. Beat the icing for 10 minutes, or until smooth.
- 5Top brownie with icing and chopped marshmallows while still hot.
- 6Set aside to cool and once cooled, cut into squares or bars using a hot, wet knife.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mud Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 660.2
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 106.6 mg
- Sodium 43.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 56.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: