Found this great recipe in BHG magazine. These are so decadent and so rich and so very yummy. This one is for the adults, but you can leave out the alcohol for a more kid-friendly version the recipe is still good without it.
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 380 g caster sugar
- 160 g plain flour
- 1 large pinch salt
- 2 cups pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 2 cups chopped marshmallows
- 120 g unsalted butter
- 120 g milk chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 400 g icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line the base and sides of a shallow 24cm square tin with baking paper. Put the butter and dark chocolate in a medium heavy-based pan and stir over a low heat until the butter is melted.
- Crack eggs into a medium mixing bowl, add the caster sugar and beat until the mixture has increased in volume, and is thick and a pale yellow in colour. Add the flour and salt, then the chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Add the pecans and bourbon, and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted halfway into the centre comes out clean.
- To make icing, put butter, chocolate and milk in a medium heavy-based pan and stir over a low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla, then transfer to an electric mixer. Beat on medium speed while adding icing sugar. Beat the icing for 10 minutes, or until smooth.
- Top brownie with icing and chopped marshmallows while still hot.
- Set aside to cool and once cooled, cut into squares or bars using a hot, wet knife.