Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Valentines, Mother's Day or any day this is outstanding.
- 3⁄4 cup raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur or 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brandy or 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- chocolate curls or grated chocolate
- In a small saucepan heat the jam over low heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Stir in raspberry liqueur or orange juice; set aside to cool completely.
- In another small saucepan heat chocolates over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the honey, brandy or orange juice, and 1 tablespoon of the whipping cream until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and set aside to cool completely.
- In a chilled, large mixing bowl beat the remaining whipping cream until stiff peaks just form.
- Remove 1 cup of the whipped cream and set aside.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the whipping cream into the chocolate mixture to lighten.
- Fold remaining whipped cream into the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into 6 stemmed wine glasses or dessert dishes.
- Top with reserved whipped cream.
- Spoon cooled raspberry sauce over and top with chocolate curls.
- Cover and chill for 1 to 6 hours.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Tip: For chocolate curls, slowly draw a vegetable peeler across the edge of a bar of semisweet or milk chocolate. It works best if chocolate is at room temperature.