Netgirl's Healthy Cookbook's Note:
This is the best version of vegan (tofu) chocolate pie I've ever had, and I've had many. It also can be eaten as a mousse without the pie crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups non-dairy chocolate chips (buy a 12 oz. bag)
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes extra-firm silken tofu
- 3/4 cup sucanat
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (I use Real Salt)
- 1 chocolate wafer pie crust (I buy Wholly Wholesome Truly Natural Chocolate Pie Crust at Whole Foods Market) (optional) or 1 make your own chocolate wafer pie crust (optional)
- 1In a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
- 2In a food processor, combine the other ingredients and process until smooth.
- 3Add the chocolate and process until thoroughly combined.
- 4Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mousse Pie
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.2
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 89.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
non-dairy chocolate chips