Recipe by Netgirl's Healthy Cookbook
This is the best version of vegan (tofu) chocolate pie I've ever had, and I've had many. It also can be eaten as a mousse without the pie crust.
Top Review by ladypit
Wow is this rich! I made a half of this recipe (as I had 1 box of firm silken tofu in the pantry and only 1 cup of chips!) and we ate is as a mousse. My chocolate chips were not vegan, but I found a small bag of sucanat in the freezer so I did use that! I put the metal bowl containing the mousse in the freezer for about 15 minutes to jump start the chilling process and then put it in the fridge. In this way it was chilled in about 30 minutes. Dense and chocolatey, a little of this goes a long way. Thanks.
- 2 cups non-dairy chocolate chips (buy a 12 oz. bag)
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes extra-firm silken tofu
- 3⁄4 cup sucanat
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (I use Real Salt)
- 1 chocolate wafer pie crust (I buy Wholly Wholesome Truly Natural Chocolate Pie Crust at Whole Foods Market) (optional) or 1 make your own chocolate wafer pie crust (optional)