Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the best version of vegan (tofu) chocolate pie I've ever had, and I've had many. It also can be eaten as a mousse without the pie crust.
- 2 cups non-dairy chocolate chips (buy a 12 oz. bag)
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes extra-firm silken tofu
- 3⁄4 cup sucanat
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (I use Real Salt)
- 1 chocolate wafer pie crust (I buy Wholly Wholesome Truly Natural Chocolate Pie Crust at Whole Foods Market) (optional) or 1 make your own chocolate wafer pie crust (optional)
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
- In a food processor, combine the other ingredients and process until smooth.
- Add the chocolate and process until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.