Recipe by PollyJo
I was surprised this recipe wasn't already posted. It's my oldest son's favorite and very simple to make! It's creamy and smooth and delicious!
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 whole egg
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 2 cups Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- For Crust: Mix together, graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar press in to 9" pan and bake at 350 for 8 minutes.
- Prepare crust and cool. In double boiler, over hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate chips. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Or, use microwave on medium heat at 1 minute intervals. Stir often - remember, the chips will continue to melt when removed so don't over cook! Don't forget to cool this mixture or you will cook your eggs in the next step!
- Using a beater, beat in egg and egg yolks one at a time.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold this into the chocolate mixture.
- With a wire whisk, gently fold in 2 cups of Cool Whip into above mixture.
- Pour into cooled crust and chill until set, about an hour.