Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
MY FAVOURITE MOUSSE PIE!
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 9-inch chocolate pie crust
- Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl alongwith half of the whipping cream.
- Microwave on high at 1 minute intervals until chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- In the meantime, beat the rest of the whipping cream till soft peaks form.
- Add vanilla and sugar and beat continuously.
- Slowly add the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Place in the chocolate pie crust.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Oh Char!!! No wonder this is your favorite Mousse Pie!! This is the richest and creamiest mousse pie I have ever tasted! You will only need a small slice of this chocolatey slice of heaven! Very, very rich and delicious! I prepared exactly as Char suggested and used a chocolate Oreo cookie pie crust. I decorated with whipped cream and shaved curls of chocolate accented by a few fresh raspberries to the side, highlighted by a few mint leaves. What a delightful way to end a meal! This recipe will be made over and over again in my home. I simply can not believe it has not been reviewed before now! I am honored to be the first! Thank you, Charishma!
Made a similiar recipe to this on the weekend - much less sugar - only 2 tablespoons and more cream. I made as individual pies and lined each Graham Cracker shell with melted milk chocolate chips which were chilled beore the mousse mixture was added. Pretty awesome
thanks for the easy and great recipe! i don't even have to use any eggs for this.