Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I needed to use 1/2 pkg of puff pastry quickly and found this on www.puffpastry.com. Prep time does not include thawing.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate pieces, melted and cooled
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate baking square, melted
- confectioners' sugar
- Thaw pastry at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400.
- Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface. Cut into 3 strips along fold marks. Cut each strip into 6 rectangles. Place 2" apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
- Place cream and cinnamon in bowl. Beat with electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold in melted chocolate pieces. Split pastries into 2 layers. Spread 18 bottom halves with chocolate cream. Top with remaining top halves. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
- TIP: *You can substitute 2 cups thawed frozen non-dairy or dairy whipped topping for heavy cream. Proceed as directed.
I got this same recipe out of a local newspaper and made it for my family a couple of Christmases back. A little bit time consuming and a little bit messy (gee, just HATE licking chocolate off my fingers when I'm done making them...) but definitely a highly recommended treat!!!