Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tastyand elegant chocolate dessert.
Make and share this Chocolate Mousse Millefeuille recipe from Food.com.
- Mousse: Melt the chocolate with the Amarula over a water bath.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whip the egg yolks and sugar until pale yellow, thick and fluffy.
- Fold the whipped egg yolks into the melted chocolate.
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks and fold into the chocolate egg mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Phyllo: Brush a layer of phyllo with the melted clarified butter and dust with a thin layer of icing sugar.
- Put another layer of phyllo directly on top of this, pat down firmly and repeat the brushing of butter and confectioner's sugar.
- Continue for 4 full layers of phyllo.
- Cut the phyllo into 3” triangles with a sharp knife.
- Place the triangles on a baking tray lined with parchment.
- Cover the top of the phyllo with another layer of parchment and another baking tray to weigh it down.
- Bake like this at 350F until golden brown (about 10 minutes).
- For Assembly: Secure a layer of phyllo onto the plate with a bit of chocolate sauce.
- Place a spoonful of mousse onto the phyllo, and then place another piece of phyllo on top. Repeat until you have 3 layers of phyllo, 2 layers of mousse.
- Serve with a refreshing fruit coulis or garnish with fresh berries.