Perfect Pixie's Note:
This is a great treat to sit down to and watch charlie and the chocolate factory, if you have kids or a sweet tooth, it goes down very well
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop 240g of the chocolate and place it in a heatproof bowl.
- 2add the butter.
- 3place over a saucepan half filled with simmering water.
- 4gently melt the chocolate and butter.
- 5stirring until it's smooth, do this as slowly as possible, if the chocolate is allowed to get to hot it will become granular.
- 6whisk the egg whites until they turn white and soft peaks form, again do not overwhisk the whites or you will end up with a very granular mousse.
- 7add the sugar.
- 8stir the egg yolks into the chocolate.
- 9using a spatula, pour chocolate mousse into a large glass bowl and put in the fidge for 1 hr to set.
- 10when ready to serve, whip the cream until firm and spoon it over the chocolate mousse.
- 11grate the remaining chocolate over the cream, or let your children have fun with the decorating.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mousse Like None Other
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.1
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 25.9 g
- Cholesterol 159.4 mg
- Sodium 82.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 10.8 g