Chocolate crust, with a chocolate filling, and topped with a light coffee-flavored cream topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces plain chocolate cookies, finely crushed
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- 6 1/2 ounces dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- 2/3 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2 egg whites
- 1Brush an 11-inch round fluted pan with melted butter or oil. Line the base of the pan with paper. Mix the chocolate crumbs and butter, and press into the pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- 2Make the Filling: In a small pan add the chocolate and cream. Stir over low heat until smooth. Cool slightly. Stir in the yolks.
- 3In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over 1 tablespoon water and set it aside until it is spongy. Stir to dissolve. Stir into the filling. Fold in the whipped cream.
- 4Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into the filling and spread over the cookie base. Refrigerate until set.
- 5Just before serving, remove from the pan and spread with the topping.
- 6Make the topping: Dissolve instant coffee in 3 teaspoons water. Stir in the cream and sugar. Beat until soft peaks form. When ready to serve, spread the topping over the flan.
- 7Dust the top with sifted cocoa powder and serve.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mousse Flan
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.0
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 115.1 mg
- Sodium 226.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g