A Sinfully Rich dessert! You can pre make everything then just assemble and reheat the sauce, plate and serve. A great dessert for Valentines Day.
Grand Marnier Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
Chocolate Mousse Filling
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons cream, plus
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream, whipped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- orange slice
- Grand Marnier Sauce-- Mix butter and sugar heat in microwave oven on high for 1 minute.
- Add cream, Grand Marnier and orange zest.
- Heat for 2 minutes stir and heat for 1 more minute.
- Chocolate Mousse Filling-- Melt the chocolate.
- In another bowl combine sugar, yolks, and 6 tablespoons cream, and whisk well over simmering water to cooking to thicken.
- Whisk half the whipped cream into the chocolate, then fold nto the cream mixture.
- Add remaining whipped cream and fold in, then chill, until ready to use.
- For the crepe batter-- whisk the eggs well then add the milk and whisk.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Let sit 20 minutes then strain.
- Ladle small amounts (1 to 2 ounces) of crepe batter into buttered crepe pan and cook on both sides.
- Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Let the crepes cool before filling.
- To fill, place chocolate mousse in each crepe and fold it over to enclose the mousse.
- Spoon some Grand Marnier Sauce around the crepes.
- Garnish with orange sections.