1/2 Photos of Chocolate Mousse Crepes with Grand Marnier Sauce
A Sinfully Rich dessert! You can pre make everything then just assemble and reheat the sauce, plate and serve. A great dessert for Valentines Day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Grand Marnier Sauce
Chocolate Mousse Filling
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons cream, plus
- 1 1/2 cups cream, whipped
- orange slice
- 1Grand Marnier Sauce-- Mix butter and sugar heat in microwave oven on high for 1 minute.
- 2Add cream, Grand Marnier and orange zest.
- 3Heat for 2 minutes stir and heat for 1 more minute.
- 4Chocolate Mousse Filling-- Melt the chocolate.
- 5In another bowl combine sugar, yolks, and 6 tablespoons cream, and whisk well over simmering water to cooking to thicken.
- 6Whisk half the whipped cream into the chocolate, then fold nto the cream mixture.
- 7Add remaining whipped cream and fold in, then chill, until ready to use.
- 8For the crepe batter-- whisk the eggs well then add the milk and whisk.
- 9Whisk in remaining ingredients.
- 10Let sit 20 minutes then strain.
- 11Ladle small amounts (1 to 2 ounces) of crepe batter into buttered crepe pan and cook on both sides.
- 12Repeat until all the batter is used.
- 13Let the crepes cool before filling.
- 14To fill, place chocolate mousse in each crepe and fold it over to enclose the mousse.
- 15Spoon some Grand Marnier Sauce around the crepes.
- 16Garnish with orange sections.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mousse Crepes with Grand Marnier Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 767.6
- Calories from Fat 485
- Total Fat 53.9 g
- Saturated Fat 31.9 g
- Cholesterol 423.3 mg
- Sodium 602.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 44.9 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: