Recipe by Bergy
Chocolate heaven, if you wish sprinkle some fresh grated orange rind on top and add a few fresh berries, Do not look at the calorie count just enjoy
- 12 chocolate crepes, cook according to instructions, 6 inch crepes (Chocolate Dessert Crepes, you can have these ready in your freezer)
- 1⁄4 lb bittersweet chocolate or 1⁄4 lb semisweet chocolate, cut in chunks
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 lb bittersweet chocolate or 1⁄4 lb semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups table cream
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum or 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 cups cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mousse: Over low heat stir and melt chocolate with the butter until mixture is completely smooth.
- Mix in egg yolks, combine well, cool.
- Beat the egg whites until fluffy, gradually add sugar and continue beating until the whites form stiff peaks Fold in chocolate mixture and chill until the mousse is set (apprx 1 hour).
- Chocolate Sauce: Over low heat cook & stir the chocolate with the butter & cream, cook until completely smooth.
- Remove from heat, stir in the brandy or rum.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- To Assemble: Lay out 6 dessert plates and spoon 3 tbsp of chocolate sauce on each.
- Divide the mousse between the 12 crepes, fold crepes in from both sides to form a cylinder and place 2 on each dessert plate.
- Drizzle with remaining chocolate sauce.
- Top with whipped cream.