Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From BBC Food
- 300 g dark chocolate, 60% cocoa fat
- 150 unsalted butter
- 6 eggs, separated
- 50 g sugar
- 100 g raspberries
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 50 ml water
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- Line the base and sides of a 8 inch springform cake rin with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Stir in the melted and chocolate/butter mixture.
- Beat the egg whites with the remaining sugar in a separate bowl until very stiff.
- Quickly fold in the chocolate mixture in two batches and pour the mix in the cake tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- To make the sauce, blend the raspberries, sugar, and water in a bowl. Blend until smooth.
- Pass through a sieve if you wish an extra smooth sauce.