2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
A rich chocolate cake that I am going to try to make for my 17th birthday (August 9).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Cake
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
For the Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1Line an deep 8" round spring form cake pan with greaseproof paper - do not grease paper.
- 2Melt combined chocolate and butter in heatproof bowl.
- 3Cool to room temperature.
- 4Combine eggs and sugar in bowl, beating with an electric mixer until thick and creamy.
- 5Fold in sifted flour.
- 6Fold in chocolate mixture.
- 7Pour mixture into prepared pan, bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until cake is crusty on top and soft in the center.
- 8Let cake sit until cool.
- 9Cover cake pan with tinfoil and freeze for at least several hours.
- 10Just before serving, place pan in hot water to loosen cake.
- 11Remove cake from pan and place onto a serving dish a few hours before serving.
- 12Garnish with Chocolate Whipped Cream right before serving.
- 13CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM:.
- 14In a small saucepan, combine heavy cream and semisweet chocolate.
- 15Stir over low heat until all the chocolate has melted.
- 16Remove from heat and stir until there are no chocolate specks remaining.
- 17Pour mixture into a bowl and chill well.
- 18Just before serving, beat cream until stiff peaks form (tips of peaks should stand straight).
- 19Pipe onto cake as desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mousse Cake With Chocolate Whipped Cream
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.0
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 109.4 mg
- Sodium 37.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g