Recipe by Rita~
This is very rich. For chocolate Lovers.Topped with fresh berries and a touch of whipped cream. Or simply dust with powdered sugar. The picture show the process of making this sinfull cake. First picture is Step #2. Second Picture is step #4. Third Picture is step #12. Fourth is batter in prepared pan step #13. Fifth picture is the cooked cake as you see it it is to be sunken in.For this is a very dense rich cake and once you top it with fresh berry and a dallop of whipped cream you`ll know what I mean! Sixth is the final cake topped with berries of you choice or whats in season.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cold sweet butter
- 4 eggs, at room temperature,separated yolks lightly beaten white whipped to form soft peaks
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped to form soft peaks
- fresh strawberries or raspberries or blackberry (or mix)
- fresh whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 9-inch springform pan line with parchment paper grease and flour paper.
- Stir water, sugar, corn syrup and flour in heavy saucepan.
- Cook on low heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly.
- Add chocolate, vanilla and salt.
- Continue cooking until chocolate is completely melted stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter; stir until melted.
- Transfer mixture to large bowl.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes or until mixture has somewhat cooled, stirring occasionally.
- Add egg yolks to chocolate mixture; stir with wire whisk until well blended.
- Gentle fold in egg whites.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Place pan in larger baking pan, then place on center rack in oven.
- Carefully pour boiling water into larger pan to come halfway up side of springform pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes or until mixture is just set.
- Run small knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Cover top with plastic wrap; refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Center will fall. A prefect bowl for berries!
- Garnish with fresh berries and whipped cream.