1/9 Photos of Chocolate Mousse Cake
1 hr 10 mins
This is very rich. For chocolate Lovers.Topped with fresh berries and a touch of whipped cream. Or simply dust with powdered sugar. The picture show the process of making this sinfull cake. First picture is Step #2. Second Picture is step #4. Third Picture is step #12. Fourth is batter in prepared pan step #13. Fifth picture is the cooked cake as you see it it is to be sunken in.For this is a very dense rich cake and once you top it with fresh berry and a dallop of whipped cream you`ll know what I mean! Sixth is the final cake topped with berries of you choice or whats in season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup flour
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold sweet butter
- 4 eggs, at room temperature,separated yolks lightly beaten white whipped to form soft peaks
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped to form soft peaks
- 1Grease 9-inch springform pan line with parchment paper grease and flour paper.
- 2Stir water, sugar, corn syrup and flour in heavy saucepan.
- 3Cook on low heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly.
- 4Add chocolate, vanilla and salt.
- 5Continue cooking until chocolate is completely melted stirring constantly.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Add butter; stir until melted.
- 8Transfer mixture to large bowl.
- 9Refrigerate 15 minutes or until mixture has somewhat cooled, stirring occasionally.
- 10Add egg yolks to chocolate mixture; stir with wire whisk until well blended.
- 11Gentle fold in egg whites.
- 12Fold in whipped cream.
- 13Spoon into prepared pan.
- 14Place pan in larger baking pan, then place on center rack in oven.
- 15Carefully pour boiling water into larger pan to come halfway up side of springform pan.
- 16Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes or until mixture is just set.
- 17Run small knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- 18Cover top with plastic wrap; refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- 19Center will fall. A prefect bowl for berries!
- 20Garnish with fresh berries and whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mousse Cake
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.2
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 99.3 mg
- Sodium 81.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g