Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was sent to me by Kraft Foods and it looks so good. I will be making it for Mother's Day for myself and my family.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) package bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 large eggs, room temp and lightly beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream
- boiling water
- Grease and flour a 9 inch springform pan.
- Stir water, sugar, corn syrup, and cornstarch in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook on low heat until sugar is dissolved stirring constantly.
- Add chocolate and salt, increase heat to medium.
- Continue cooking until chocolate is completely melted and is about to come to a boil.
- Stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter, stir until melted.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes or until mixture has cooled, stirring occasionally.
- Add the eggs to the chocolate mixture stir with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Beat in cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gently stir into chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Place pan in a larger baking pan, then place on center rack in oven.
- Carefully por boiling water into larger pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until mixture is just set.
- Run small knife or metal spatula around the edges of pan to loosen the cake, cool before removing the rim.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.