Prep 25 mins
Cook 22 mins
Yet another recipe I saw on the Food Network. Sounds rich, tastey, and surprisingly easy. I'm gonna try it soon! Hope you will too!
- 14.79 ml instant coffee
- 236.59 ml butter, melted
- 8 eggs, separated
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml brandy
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 453.59 g semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 88.74 ml flour
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
- whipped cream, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add instant coffee to melted butter.
- Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks until lemon colored in an upright mixer.
- Add the sugar to the egg yolks and beat until combined.
- Add the brandy, vanilla, melted butter, and chocolate.
- Add the flour, just to combine.
- Fold in the egg whites and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-inch springform pan and bake about 20 minutes.
- Center will be soft.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Very rich, almost liquid-like center, with a bit of cake-like crust on the edges. Best for special dinners because it is so rich.