Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delightfully decadent chocolate cake perfect for the holidays ... or anytime!
Make and share this Chocolate Mousse Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 3" springform pan.
- Heat granulated sugar, butter, water, dry coffee granules, and chocolate in a 3 quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth; remove from heat.
- Stir in eggs and pour into the springform pan.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 45 - 50 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Cover cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled - at least 4 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Prepare whipped topping by beating whipping cream and powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form (or use premade Cool Whip Topping) :o).
- Garnish with whole almonds.
- Refrigerate any remaining cake.