Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This has been a holiday favorite of our family's for several years now. The problem is, we wlways lose the recipe. So this year I have decided to finally get down to recording it some place I wont misplace it. Enjoy!
- Whip whipping cream, sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate on stove over a low heat, or in the microwave.
- Separate eggs adn add the yolks to the chocolate mixture.
- Beat egg whites. Add cream of tartar and beat until stiff.
- Fold 3/4 whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Line a 10 inch springform pan with chocolate wafers, covering the bottom and sides.
- Fill the pan with the chocolate mixture, next adding the whipped cream on top.
- Microwave the mini chocolate chips until they are just soft. Sprinkle the chips on top of the cake and drizzle some chocolate sauce over.
- Chill for at least one hour.