This has been a holiday favorite of our family's for several years now. The problem is, we wlways lose the recipe. So this year I have decided to finally get down to recording it some place I wont misplace it. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whip whipping cream, sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- 2Melt chocolate on stove over a low heat, or in the microwave.
- 3Separate eggs adn add the yolks to the chocolate mixture.
- 4Beat egg whites. Add cream of tartar and beat until stiff.
- 5Fold 3/4 whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
- 6Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- 7Line a 10 inch springform pan with chocolate wafers, covering the bottom and sides.
- 8Fill the pan with the chocolate mixture, next adding the whipped cream on top.
- 9Microwave the mini chocolate chips until they are just soft. Sprinkle the chips on top of the cake and drizzle some chocolate sauce over.
- 10Chill for at least one hour.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mousse Cake
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 714.4
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 225.7 mg
- Sodium 368.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 44.0 g
- Protein 10.0 g