Recipe by andypandy
easy, almost flourlesss chocolate cake.
Top Review by ClareVH
This is a wonderful, rich chocolate dessert. The only thing I did differently was add a tablespoon of espresso powder with the whipping cream and chocolate at step 8. Oh, and I doubled the topping. As the cake cools, the center falls, so I just piled the topping in there like a big chocolate swimming pool. I made it for a family Christmas potluck. It was the favorite dessert!
- 1 3⁄4 cups chopped hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup dairy whipping cream
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 ounce semisweet chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Combine hazelnuts and the three tbsp.
- melted butter together.
- Press onto bottom and up sides about 1 1/2 inches.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a med.
- saucepan combine the 1 cup whipping cream and the 16 oz.
- chopped chocolate.
- Cook and stir over med.
- heat until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine the 6 eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Add the flour and sugar.
- Beat 10 minutes now until thick.
- Stir about 1/4 of the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- The fold all the remaining chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- Turn into the nut lined pan.
- Bake 325 degrees for 40 minutes or until cake is lightly puffed on the outer 1/8 edge.
- Cool on a wire rack for 25 minutes.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Cool completely four hours.
- Before serving garnish with chocolate whipped cream.
- Serve at room temperature.
- To store cover and chill.
- Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
- Chocolate whipped cream: In a saucepan place last 1/2 cup whipping cream and 1/2 square chocolate.
- Melt together.
- Place in fridge and cool thoroughly.
- At serving time beat whipping cream until thick, can add a tbsp.
- corn syrup to this to help stablize it.