Recipe by Tisme
This is so divine, and addictive. A gooey and rich cake, just the thing for any chocoholic!!
Top Review by Pneuma
These are yummy and easy to make. Used the food processor for step 1 and microwave for step 2. Works well! They were decadent, fudgey and rich. Reminds me of Recipe #105751. Next time, I'll use a smaller pan to make it look bigger. Thanks, Tisme!
- 4 large eggs
- 200 g caster sugar
- 75 ml water
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 300 g milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- Dutch-processed cocoa powder, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk eggs and half the sugar until pale in colour and thick in texture.
- Gently heat the remaining sugar in a small pan with the water,stirring until dissolved. Remove from heat,add butter and chocolate. Stir until mixture is melted. Beat the chocolate mixture into the egg mousse for no more than 1 minute.
- Pour into a greased 20cm sponge sandwich pan, which has had the bottom and sides lined with baking paper, so it stands about 2cm above the rim of the pan. Sit in a roasting dish and pour in freshly boiled water until it reaches just below the rim of the pan.
- Bake in a preheated moderately slow oven for 40 minutes or until set. The top will feel firm when you place the flat of your hand gently on top of the cake. Cool and chill overnight in the pan.
- To serve, bring the cake to room temperature and turn out onto a plate and dust with the cocoa powder just before serving.
- When slicing use a hot knife dipped in water.