If you love chocolate this is the cake for you. Recipe is from a local restaurant. Chocolate cake, layered with a rich chocolate mousse, topped with chocolate ganache. My husband's favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 quart whipping cream
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour 3 9-inch round cake pans.
- 3Prepare cake-In large bowl combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and soda, and salt.
- 4Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla-Beat 2 minutes.
- 5Stir in boiling Water.
- 6Divide batter in pans.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes, and cool completely.
- 8To prepare mousse-Combine all ingredients and whip on high till soft peaks form. Chill under ready to spread over cake layers.
- 9To prepare chocolate ganache-combine chips and half and half in double boiler and cook until combined. Remove from heat and let cool
- 10Once cake layers are cooled, spread mousse between layers.
- 11Spread Chocolate ganache over entire cake-best to do when ganach is a BIT warm or room temperature.
- 12Allow cake to cool and set.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mousse Cake
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 713.3
- Calories from Fat 394
- Total Fat 43.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 118.4 mg
- Sodium 352.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 61.3 g
- Protein 8.2 g