Recipe by HokiesMom
From TOH 1998 Cookbook submitted by L. Young. Very kid friendly recipe. Allow 3 hours of chilling time. 3 ingredients needed.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
These are so rich and creamy!! Instead of letting the mixture refrigerate for 3 hours, left them overnight because I forgot about it. Only had an 8 oz container of Cool Whip so cut the recipe down to make 2 doz. Used my 1 in cookie scooper to form the balls and then roll in the cookie crumbs. Are very tasty, will probably make it on my holiday tray!! Made for Sweet Traditions Tag Nov 2009.
- 6 (1 5/8 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 oz each bar)
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafer
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt candy bars (or you can use a double boiler or microwave if preferred).
- Cool chocolate for 10 minutes.
- Placed whipped topping in a bowl and then fold in cooled melted chocolate.
- Cover and chill for 3 hours.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and then roll in the vanilla wafer crumbs.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator or freeze.