...from THE REALLY GOOD FOOD COOK BOOK. You won't believe how wonderful this mousse is! You can serve it at the most elegant dinner parties or at family dinners and, I promise you, it will be all gone.
- Melt chocolate and water in saucepan.
- Whisk in the vanilla.
- Allow to cool.
- Whip the cream.
- Add the confectioner's sugar.
- On low beater, blend in the chocolate.
- Scoop the Chocolate Mousse into a clear, glass bowl.
- Garnish with grated chocolate or some of the chocolate from the pan drizzled on top.
I made this for a Birthday party & everyone loved it. I served the mousse in wine glasses with whip cream on top. They looked pretty fancy.
Really good, very easy!
I loved this recipe, so easy and good. I did melt choc. chips and water together on low heat in a homemade double boiler, for about 15 minutes, till it was nice and smooth. I let it cool till room temp. then whipped the cream and vanilla till fluffy and sifted the icing sugar into it while beating....Then, I folded choc. into creamed mixture. It came out perfect ,will make again...Thank You Sandra for a easy tasty recipe...Oh , yes, I also chilled my bowl and beatters in freezer while choc. was melting..