Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
...from THE REALLY GOOD FOOD COOK BOOK. You won't believe how wonderful this mousse is! You can serve it at the most elegant dinner parties or at family dinners and, I promise you, it will be all gone.
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Melt chocolate and water in saucepan.
- Whisk in the vanilla.
- Allow to cool.
- Whip the cream.
- Add the confectioner's sugar.
- On low beater, blend in the chocolate.
- Scoop the Chocolate Mousse into a clear, glass bowl.
- Garnish with grated chocolate or some of the chocolate from the pan drizzled on top.
I made this for a Birthday party & everyone loved it. I served the mousse in wine glasses with whip cream on top. They looked pretty fancy.
Really good, very easy!
I loved this recipe, so easy and good. I did melt choc. chips and water together on low heat in a homemade double boiler, for about 15 minutes, till it was nice and smooth. I let it cool till room temp. then whipped the cream and vanilla till fluffy and sifted the icing sugar into it while beating....Then, I folded choc. into creamed mixture. It came out perfect ,will make again...Thank You Sandra for a easy tasty recipe...Oh , yes, I also chilled my bowl and beatters in freezer while choc. was melting..