- 180 g milk chocolate or 180 g dark chocolate, broken
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua (or other liqueur)
- 300 ml thickened cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate into a heat-resistant bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water (see note).
- Stir until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in combined egg yolks and Kahlua.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Whip cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form (when beater is lifted from cream, the peaks will bend slightly).
- Gently fold chocolate mixture through whipped cream.
- In a clean, dry bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Lightly fold egg whites into chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Spoon into 4 individual dishes or 1 large dish.
- Refrigerate for several hours until firm.
- Serve with extra cream, chocolate flakes and berries.
- Note: Chocolate may also be melted in the microwave on MEDIUM power.
- Heat in 30 second bursts, stirring after each burst, until melted.