Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
One for the chocolate lovers, the added Kahlua makes it great for grown-ups
- 180 g milk chocolate or 180 g dark chocolate, broken
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua (or other liqueur)
- 300 ml thickened cream
- Place chocolate into a heat-resistant bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water (see note).
- Stir until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in combined egg yolks and Kahlua.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Whip cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form (when beater is lifted from cream, the peaks will bend slightly).
- Gently fold chocolate mixture through whipped cream.
- In a clean, dry bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Lightly fold egg whites into chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Spoon into 4 individual dishes or 1 large dish.
- Refrigerate for several hours until firm.
- Serve with extra cream, chocolate flakes and berries.
- Note: Chocolate may also be melted in the microwave on MEDIUM power.
- Heat in 30 second bursts, stirring after each burst, until melted.
Deliocious! My daughter prepared this rich dessert using "maraschino" for the flavor.
I'm sure she will prepare this for us again.
Thanks Terese for a great recipe. I didn't add any liquor, but I did add a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of clove and ginger. Everyone loved it. It didn't last long enough for me to take a pic, I will do it again very soon.
I changed the recipe to milk free and it was FABULOUS. I used dark chocolate and a little corn syrup to sweeten to taste and it was awesome. This recipe is so simple and elegant. I will be making it again.