Recipe by MizzNezz
Easy to do and soooo good!
Top Review by Paja
Fantastic!! Like the other reviewer, I was looking for a mousse recipe without raw eggs. I tried one without any eggs, but it just wasn't the same. This recipe is wonderful! Creamy, rich, chocolately, everything a chocolate mousse should be! It is worth buying really good quality chocolate for this mousse. Another winner from MizzNezz! Update: I made this again last night and it was just as great as the first time. I find the serving sizes are large, but I am not a dessert fanatic. I think this easily serves 6. To really make your guests swoon, garnish with some extra whipped cream and chocolate curls and then pour some Baileys or Kahlua liqeur on top!
- 8 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter (no subs)
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Have your cream whipped and chilling in the fridge.
- Melt chocolate with 1/4 cup water and butter on low, stirring until smooth.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- In heavy saucepan, whisk yolks, sugar and remaining water.
- Cook and stir on med heat until mixture reaches 160*, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; whisk in chocolate.
- Set saucepan in ice and stir until cooled.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into dessert bowls.