Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy to do and soooo good!
- 8 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter (no subs)
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream, whipped
- Have your cream whipped and chilling in the fridge.
- Melt chocolate with 1/4 cup water and butter on low, stirring until smooth.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- In heavy saucepan, whisk yolks, sugar and remaining water.
- Cook and stir on med heat until mixture reaches 160*, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; whisk in chocolate.
- Set saucepan in ice and stir until cooled.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into dessert bowls.
Fantastic!! Like the other reviewer, I was looking for a mousse recipe without raw eggs. I tried one without any eggs, but it just wasn't the same. This recipe is wonderful! Creamy, rich, chocolately, everything a chocolate mousse should be! It is worth buying really good quality chocolate for this mousse. Another winner from MizzNezz! Update: I made this again last night and it was just as great as the first time. I find the serving sizes are large, but I am not a dessert fanatic. I think this easily serves 6. To really make your guests swoon, garnish with some extra whipped cream and chocolate curls and then pour some Baileys or Kahlua liqeur on top!
best mousse we have had yet