Recipe by Studentchef
I found this on a website, and have been using it for several years for Passover. It has always been a big hit with the family. You can make this year round as well.
Top Review by Pale Rose
The first time I made this recipe my egg whites wouldn't stiffen up. So I beat them in with the chocolate mixture. The result I got wasn't mousse (and I didn't expect it to be), but it wasn't pudding either. It was just some fluffy chocolate stuff... nevertheless it was DELICIOUS fluffy chocolate stuff. The second time I made it, it was more mousse-like, but I think it kind of tasted better as "stuff." I omitted the coffee both times. Thanks Studentchef!
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the chocolate with the butter, water and the coffee granules. Cool slightly.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks. Beat in 1 tablespoon sugar. Add to the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- In an other bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add one tablespoon sugar and continue beating until soft peaks form. Gently add to the chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.