Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This easy-to-make mousse is light and chocolaty.
- 1 cup cold evaporated milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- chocolate curls (optional)
- fresh strawberries, sliced (optional)
- In blender, combine the milk, vanilla, sugar, chocolate and salt; cover and process until smooth, about 1 minute; transfer to a large bowl.
- In small mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Garnish with chocolate curls and strawberries, if desired.
I made this for Kid Friendly Recipe Tag. I made this yesterday. I'm not going to give it any stars until I make it again. I totally messed it up. (I'm know for my dessert/baking fiascos.) I didn't chill the evaporated milk, I forgot. Also I was in a hurry and I think (I know) I didn't fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream like I should have. I let it sit in the fridge for 4 hour or so and it was like melting ice cream. Foamy on top and melted on the bottom. I will make this again and come back with stars.