Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A sinfully rich dessert to serve.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 3⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In saucepan bring sugar and water to a boil, turn off heat.
- Place in a blender with chocolate chips (or good quality of chocolate) and blend for 20 seconds, add the egg yolks, blend another 30 seconds.
- Whip whipping cream until fluffy into peaks, adding the powdered sugar as you are whipping.
- Fold the melted chocolate and the whipped cream together and divide into serving glasses,(wine glasses are nice.).
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Serve with more sweetened whipped cream and shaved milk chocolate to garnish.
- Powdered coffee or Kahlua may be added if desired.