Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Taste of Home Holiday Celebrations 2002
- 12 ounces squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- In a heavy saucepan, combine chocolate, 1/3 cup of cream, water and corn syrup.
- Cook and stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Whisk in extract and cream cheese until smooth.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff.
- Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Make sure to cover.