Recipe by S. Merrill
I received this recipe from a friend years ago. She told me that she had gotten the recipe from Bon Appetit Magazine. It is the best, and the easiest, mousse ever. This is not the usual chocolate flavored whipped cream.
- 1 cup well-chilled heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (or 1 teaspoon orange extract and 1 tablespoon brandy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip cream and set aside.
- Heat sugar and water in a small saucepan until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil.
- Put eggs, chocolate chips, coffee and salt in a blender or processor. While blending, pour syrup in a steady stream and process until smooth. Add Grand Marnier and process a little longer. Add whipped cream and blend until mixed thoroughly. Pour into serving dishes and refrigerate until set.