Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from 1st Traveler's Choice Internet Cookbook. The Honorable Ben Cardin United States Congressman, Maryland Specialty Recipe. Here is a favorite recipe of Ben and Myrna Cardin.
- 8 ounces bars German sweet chocolate
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- boiling water
- Break up the chocolate bars. Place in large bowl. Add boiling water to cover chocolate and place dish towel on top of bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Whip egg whites until stiff but not dry. Whip cream.
- Pour off water. Chocolate should be melted. Add yolks of 6 eggs, 1/4 Tablespoon sugar and mix well. Fold in whipping cream which has been "whipped" in mixer. Then fold in egg whites which have been beaten until they're stiff but not dry.
- Pour mousse into bowl. Refrigerate at least 8 hours. Decorate with more whipped cream.
- For change: Layer the mousse with open lady fingers, with lady fingers on the bottom and ending with mousse on top or you can pour mousse into bowl without ladyfingers.