Recipe by The Sugar Witch
Smooth and scrumptious. This one can be easily made in the kitchen at home. Add a flavored liqueur to subtly change and enhance the flavor.
Top Review by EmmyDuckie
This was incredible chocolate mousse. I definitely suggest using the coffee suggested. I used a shot of espresso, and the hint of coffee flavor behind the creamy chocolate was just perfection. The recipe came together easily, and was so satisfying. Thanks for sharing!
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee or 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 -3 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in a pan with hot water.
- Add sugar, coffe/cocoa, and egg yolks, one at a time. Stir until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Whip cream. Add to slightly cooled mixture.
- Spoon mousse into individual serving dishes. Cover. Let cool in refridgerator 1 hour.
- Garnish each serving with a spoonful of whipped cream.