Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This one's from my mother-in-law. It is not too heavy and tastes like heaven...
- 4 1⁄2 ounces chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) box Rich Whip
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- Create a snow with the egg whites in a mixer.
- Melt chocolate chips and combine with yolks, sugar, wine, and water. Mix well.
- Fold the snow into the chocolate mixture.
- Whip the rich's whip until it is smooth and thick. Fold into the mousse mixture.
- Add to pie crust and freeze.
This mousse had a lovely flavor. We are never without Rich Whip in our house. I liked the extra flavor that the red wine gave the mousse, but I think we're going to stick with the chocolate or coffee liqueur we normally use. Thanks for a wonderful dessert!