2 hrs 8 mins
Chef Mommie's Note:
Posted for ZWT for France A cold dessert with chocolate, egg yolks and butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the egg yolks and sugar until it turns into a a thick yellow mixture.
- 2Melt chocolate and coffee in a mixing bowl. (Put the mixing bowl over hot water so that mixing is easier.) Add butter gradually and beat until cream is smooth.
- 3Beat the chocolate with the egg yolks and sugar mixture.
- 4Beat the egg whites and a pinch of salt until stiff.
- 5Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar above and beat again for a two minutes.
- 6Stir about one third of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Stir well, then add the remaining whites.
- 7Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Can be served with whipped cream or custard sauce.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.5
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 186.8 mg
- Sodium 51.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 7.9 g