Prep 2 hrs
Cook 8 mins
Posted for ZWT for France A cold dessert with chocolate, egg yolks and butter.
- 4 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (semi sweet or bitter sweet)
- 4 tablespoons coffee
- 6 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 egg whites
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar until it turns into a a thick yellow mixture.
- Melt chocolate and coffee in a mixing bowl. (Put the mixing bowl over hot water so that mixing is easier.) Add butter gradually and beat until cream is smooth.
- Beat the chocolate with the egg yolks and sugar mixture.
- Beat the egg whites and a pinch of salt until stiff.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar above and beat again for a two minutes.
- Stir about one third of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Stir well, then add the remaining whites.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Can be served with whipped cream or custard sauce.
i live in france and chocolate mousse is sacred here, but when i ade this recipe all of my french friends asked for the recipe! this is a wonderful recipe, although i find i have to refrigerate the mousse over night for it to turn out perfect.
delicious, and very similar to Robert carriers Chocolate mousse, except his included a little rum or brandy, Great that it does not include gelatin. Smooth, creamy rexture. Well done