Recipe by dicentra
You will need a moose-shaped cookie cutter. Change name as needed. The yield will depend on the size of the cookie cutters.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can chocolate frosting
- chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- sparkling white sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating well. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well. Stir in melted morsels.
- Combine flour and salt; add to butter mixture, beating well. Shape dough into a flat disc. Cut dough into thirds. Wrap in wax paper. Cover and chill briefly until dough is a good rolling consistency.
- Place each portion of dough on a large lightly greased cookie sheet. Cover with wax paper or plastic wrap. Roll dough to 1/4" thickness on cookie sheets.
- Cut out cookies, using desired cookie cutters. (We tested with 3" and 6" moose cutters.) Sprinkle with sugar. Peel away excess dough.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 11 minutes for small cookies and 12 minutes for larger cookies.
- Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks, and cool completely.
- Place opened can of frosting in microwave. Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 30 more seconds.
- Spread frosting over cookie antlers and feet, if desired. Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles and sparkling sugar, if desired. Let harden on wire racks.