Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
A delightfully healthy breakfast in under 5 minutes that is low fat and has over 7 grams of fiber! Rolled oats, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and banana, create this tasty treat that seems oh so sinful, but you won't feel an ounce of guilt!
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats (Bob's Red Mill gluten free oats)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 ripe sliced banana
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (Hershey's is gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine ingredients in a microwave safe container at least 5" tall (a large yogurt container or 6 cup liquid measuring cup works well). Stir briefly.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes (watching after 2 mins to ensure it does not bubble over).
- Stir and serve. (Add sweetener if desired).
Addictive. I use 1/3 milk, 1/3 cup water. Mine takes 2 minutes in the microwave.
Even after adding a couple tablespoons of brown sugar I still thought this was just okay. If I make it again I might add more cocoa powder and use 2% milk instead of water. Or I might just use my hot cocoa mix in place of the cocoa...hmmm. I'm sure it could get to a place where I like it (just not sure if it will still be healthy by the time I'm done!) I should say though that my two little boys did like this! :)
This was fantastic! I used 1/2 cup oats, so increased the ingredients accordingly. Also, I added the vanilla and stevia for sweetness when the oatmeal was finished cooking. I'll Definitely make this again. Thanks for the recipe.