Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
These are very cute brownie hearts. They're perfect for Valentine's Day or anytime you want a romantic dessert. They're very easy to make but look impressive. This recipe has been adapted from a recipe in an advertisement in a magazine.
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup instant mocha-flavored coffee powder, powder
- 6 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 if using glass pan). Prepare 13x9-inch pan by lining with foil and greasing the foil.
- Microwave 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 minute or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour and instant coffee. Stir until well blended. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Brownies are done when toothpick inserted in middle comes out with fudgy crumbs. Do not over bake or they will be dry. Cool in pan.
- Remove from pan and cut brownies with a heart shaped cookie cutter. Yield is based on a 1 1/2-inch cutter.
- Dip top of each brownie heart in melted semi-sweet chocolate. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.