Recipe by sherrycooks2012
My Mom made this frosting all my life, it is so easy and tastes so good, but I don't see it any where in the listings! I have a version of it a 1960 Good Housekeeping Cookbook, but that its much older than that!
- 6 tablespoons bakers cocoa powder or 2 baking chocolate squares
- 6 tablespoons hot coffee
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine or 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar (powdered)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cocoa and coffee, add butter and vanilla, beat until smooth. Add sugar gradually until spreading consistency.
- With peanut butter and block chocolate, melt chocolate and peanut butter together carefully [30 sec at a time] add vanilla and coffee and mix until smooth. Add sugar gradually until spreading consistency.
- Makes enough to frost an 11in sheet cake in the pan, double for a layer cake.