Chocolate - Mocha Frosted Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Line a 13 x 9 cake pan with parchment paper and grease.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla extract. Add eggs, melted butter and hot water and mix until smooth.Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While cake is baking make the frosting. Mix butter, chopped chocolate, syrup and coffee and heat in a double boiler until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Cool cake and then frost.