Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious Scandinavian brownies made with cocoa, chocolate chips and walnuts or pecan nuts. With chocolate-mocha frosting. Zaar World Tour 2005! Zaar World Tour II!
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 fluid ounces boiling water
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces chocolate chips (40-50% cocoa)
- 5 ounces chopped walnuts or 5 ounces pecan nuts
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 8 ounces sweet dark chocolate or 8 ounces dark semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons hot espresso or 2 tablespoons very strong coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Line a 13 x 9 cake pan with parchment paper and grease.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla extract. Add eggs, melted butter and hot water and mix until smooth.Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While cake is baking make the frosting. Mix butter, chopped chocolate, syrup and coffee and heat in a double boiler until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Cool cake and then frost.
I made these using Splenda and they are very good.
I made this for my daughter and son in law, visiting and they loved it(of course, so did I!) I didn't have expresso or coffee made so added water with a little expresso powder. Yum! I made this for the Scandinavian dessert challenge.
Yummy! very good and easy, i love brownies that have frosting on them! Used dark chocolate all the way and the addition of coffee was wonderful!!