Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chocolate and coffee are a sensational flavour combination.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon warm milk (espresso powder is good)
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Beat butter, whipping cream, liqueur and cream cheese in medium bowl on medium speed until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in cocoa, coffee and powdered sugar on low speed until smooth.
Very rich and creamy.I skipped the coffee just because I gave it up. But I`m sure it would be just fabulous with it. Great recipe!
Made this frosting for a devil's food cake. It is really delicious: super creamy, light and not too, too sweet. I added strong coffee (a little more than what was called for) but next time will try Kahlua to taste the difference. The coffee flavor in the frosting is subtle and rich. I didn't have heavy cream but half and half seemed to work well.
All in all a great "adult" frosting - will kids like the coffee flavor? Not sure, but other liquids could be added to make it more kid friendly.
Holy lord this is good. I made it exactly as the recipe called and it turned out so great. I needed something to "spice up" a chocolate cake and boy was this what it needed. YUM!!! Keeper recipe