Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an adopted recipe I haven't had the chance to try myself yet... although I did add soy milk for a dairy-free option, of course! I plan to try this ASAP and make any needed changes. This looks like a delicious low-fat dessert!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk or 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- Sift first 6 ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients together to blend well.
- Add liquids to dry ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- Bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes.
My DH is a chocoholic, but we're trying to watch calories, so this sounded just what we needed. I did mix Special dark chocolate cocoa with the regular cocoa and it turned out very good. Wasn't sure what size pan to use, so I used a 9 x 9 and baked 40 minutes -next time, I'll bake only 35 minutes I think. I just sprinkled powdered sugar on top and my DH really liked it. Will definitely make again. Thanks Kree.
Good recipe, quick and very easy to make, but a little bland. Next time I will try more cocoa and double strength coffee or espresso. Also vanilla or rum flavoring. I used a 9x11 pan, baked for 35 minutes. Kittencal's buttercream frosting #129329 was perfect. Thanks for posting....Janet
Very good. I substituted some of the sugar with splenda and it still came out nice. Thanks for sharing!