Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Bread Pudding is one of my favorite desserts! I definitely consider it a welcoming comfort food. I created this based on ingredients that I had on hand at the time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 loaf pepperidge farm cinnamon-swirl bread, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute, beater's (or just use 4 eggs)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mixed nuts, i love the combination of cashews and pecans
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, i prefer milk chocolate
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan.
- Add the cubed bread, and stir until soaked in the butter.
- Remove the bread from the pan once browned.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, vanilla, sugar, and cream and mix well.
- Add the bread, nuts, and chocolate to the egg mixture and combine well.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 or 10-inch glass pie plate.
- Pour the mixture into the pie plate and let sit for 30 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until set.
- Serve warm a coop of good quality vanilla ice cream.
If I'm gonna do something up 'bad', I'm gonna do it up right ~ so used regular eggs then followed everything else as indicated, including your preferences! This is a chocoholic's dream come true, especially if you also love a good bread pudding! I did roast the pecans before including them, & the taste combo of the nuts is perfect! Thanks for posting a great recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]