Recipe by Rita~
A Milkshake a Hot Mischievous Goddesses would love! I read 9 out of 10 like chocolate and the tenth is lying! LOL! I came up with this recipe for my team mates and want to share with all off the tour. Made with optional ingredients Switzerland is known for. The Swiss are known for chocolate, cream, cheese, jams and kirsh! Liqueur can be a choice of what you enjoy. pick from kirsh, Premium Cresta Swiss Chocolate Liqueur, Absinthe, Goldschläger, Williams, a fruit brandy made from pears, Pflümli aSwiss fruit brandy made from fermented plums, or Himbeergeist a Schnapps made from Swiss ripe raspberries macerated, distilled, and aged in cellars. It is extremely fruity, and it is served as a digestif. Do take note these are all optional. Serve with booze to those of drinking age. I can't wait to see what mixes you create.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
Oh, my! This was pure heaven. I added a little chopped maraschino cherries and macadamia nuts to my milkshake, to make a nutty chocolate cherry milkshake. It was delicious. The kirsch was a nice touch. I had to try this, and I am so glad I did. Thanks, Rita~. Made for ZWT7, Mischief Makers (for whom this drink was created!)
- 4 cups premium quality chocolate ice cream
- 2 cups milk, less for thicker shakes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces chocolate syrup (optional)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, Petit suisse your favorite soft cream cheese (optional)
- 2 ounces jam, like Swizz apricot, black cherry, current, blackberry, raspberry, marmalade (optional)
- 2 ounces kirsch (liqueurs of choice) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon chocolate shavings, for garnish
- 4 cherries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a blender, blend ice cream, milk, vanilla, and one or any of the optional shake ingredients together until smooth.
- You can add a handful of ice cubes if trying to keep the calories down.
- Top with whipped cream and a Swiss Lindt chocolate shavings.
- Topping with optional cherry.
- Make it a chocolate covered cherry. ;).