Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
These are so good. Just the right touch of mint. There's a 2 hour refrigeration period for the chocolate mixture to become firm enough to shape. Other than that, they're quick to make.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons peppermint schnapps
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- In a saucepan, combine the chocolate, butter, cream and schnapps and heat over moderately-low heat, stirring, until it is smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl and chill, covered, for 2 hours, or until firm.
- In a small bowl, sift together cocoa and icing sugar and combine well.
- Put bowl of truffle mixture in a bowl of ice and cold water.
- Form the mixture into 1 inch balls, coating fingers with cocoa mixture to keep truffle from sticking, and roll balls in cocoa mixture.
- Chill on a baking sheet lined with wax paper for atleast 1 hour, or until firm.
- Serve in a dish garnished with fresh mint leaves.
- (the truffles keep in an airtight container, chilled, for up to 2 weeks).
Very easy. If you have no cream, cream cheese works great. I used 4 oz. of it and it was so tasty!
Very very nummy. I made these to give away as Christmas gifts but had to make two batches as I ate most of them on my own. I had to substitute 1/2 tsp of mint extract since I didn't have any schnapps and didn't feel like going out in the -20 weather but it turned out alright. Thanks evelyn!
These taste wonderful! I had to chill the truffle mixture overnight before it was firm enough to roll into balls; this is probably a testament to my crummy fridge, rather than the recipe. Thank you for sharing!