1/1 Photo of Chocolate Mint Truffle Cookies
This recipe is very good. It is great for Christmas. It is fun to make with the kids. My kids like dipping the truffles and putting the sprinkles on them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 5/8 ounce) package Andes mints candies, chopped, divided
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- chopped nuts, sprinkles and crushed candy canes
- 1In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and 1/2 cup chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Stir in the egg, sugars and extracts. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Fold in 3/4 cup Andes candies.
- 2Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place 2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until tops appear slightly dry. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3In a microwave, melt 1 teaspoon shortening and remaining chocolate chips and Andes candies; stir until smooth. Melt white baking chips and remaining shortening in a microwave at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- 4Dip half of the cookies in melted chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Dip remaining cookies in melted baking chip mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on wax paper. Immediately sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Let stand until set. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mint Truffle Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.7
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 30.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g